Sunday, March 24, 2013

Another one

You are what makes sense to me

Standing in the middle of an undending pasture
I look at the greens all around me, that what surrounds me
I look up at the sky, the blue that overwhelms me

My eyes move around, seeking the horizon
Far ahead, there where the green meets the blue
That what I seek, that where I want to be

The sunrise and the sunset, all the same
Where the earth meets the sky
The furthest my glared vision can show me

I take a stride, forward, behind, left, right
Directions don't matter, the step is what that matters
An initiative I coax myself to take

One, two, three, four...
My weary, unsure, uncertain feet carry me

A driving force that calls out from somewhere within me
Deep inside which says You are what makes sense to me

Five, six, seven, eight,.....
A step more, two more or hundreds
And I will be where I want to be, there where I need to be
There where my mind and my heart will become one

My teary eyes still seek it
Far ahead, the distant
But my feet refuse to carry me
The unceasing space, the distance

A mirage, a hoax, a hopeless heart

No comments: